Sautéed Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Pomegranates
Updated: Jan 28
This festive side dish is my preference for a green bean dish during the holidays. While traditional green bean casserole was never on my families Thanksgiving menu growing up, I started making this dish a few years ago. It has remained on the menu every single year because their is really nothing like these fresh and crunchy green beans. They take on an abundance of flavor after being mixed with toasted almonds and bursting pomegranates. They have a simple seasoning to let the main ingredient shine. The combination of flavors is perfect to create a simple yet elegant side dish.
This green bean dish is the whole package in time for making the holiday menu. It looks amazing, taste incredible, and is extremely easy to make! On top of the already crisp green beans, your palette is surprised with bursting pomegranates that add a slight tang. The toasted almonds are a perfect way to add another crunch while complimenting the roasted flavor of the green beans. I hope this simple recipe finds a way into your holiday menu this year!
- About 8oz of green beans trimmed
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or butter
- 1/2 cup pomegranates
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 and line a roasting pan with parchment paper.
2) Place the trimmed green beans on the roasting pan making sure they are spread out. Roast for 30-35 minutes flipping once. They are done once they start to brown
3) In a medium skillet heat the butter or oil on medium high. Add in the almonds and toast for about 3 minutes until the almonds start to become brown. Add in the chopped garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
4) Stir in the roasted green beans and add in salt and pepper
5) Remove from heat and add the pomegranates
6) Place in a serving dish and ready to serve!
Serves 4-6 small servings