Updated: Jan 26
The holidays are quickly approaching and this gingersnap granola is sure to be the perfect beginning to start holiday baking!!! Not to mention it is also my second holiday recipe for the blog but I can assure you it will not be the last! It is crunchy, sweet, clumpy, healthy, versatile, festive, easy, and DELICIOUS! This recipe was inspired by that crunchy, seasonal gingersnap cookie. Add all those flavors from the famous cookie and combine it with a variety of healthy nuts, grains, and spices to make a perfect seasonal snack or breakfast for this time of year.
There are endless ways of pairing this crispy treat to make it a satisfying breakfast. You can eat it plain with some milk, on top of yogurt, mixed with cereal, or paired with fruit. I love mixing it with vanilla greek yogurt and chopped apples for some extra protein and fiber. It will be a tasty breakfast that will help get you into the holiday season. This granola also has the added benefit of being vegan, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
This recipe is not overly sweet but has a delicious surprise from the crumbled cookies. I used simple mills snickerdoodle cookies to keep the ingredients clean, but any store bought or homemade snickerdoodle or gingersnap cookie will work! It is made with healthy fats, warm spices, crunchy grains to give it the classic clumpy granola texture. This recipe would make for a perfect gift for family or friends as the holiday season approaches. Be sure to give it a try and let me know what creative ways you decide to serve it with.
- 1/3 cup Lakanto golden sweetner, coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 cups Puffed Kamut or puffed rice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, light maple syrup, or lakanto maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter or almond butter
- 3 Tbsp melted refined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 325 and line a roasting pan with parchment paper
2) Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl
3) Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
4) Fold in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until everything is coated
5) Spread on the roasting pan in a single layer and press the mixture down with a spatula.
6) Bake for 25 minutes and then let it cool completely before breaking it up and then store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer to keep it fresh and crisp.
Follow me on @cokocooks and feel free to DM with questions or just tell me what you think
Ingredients in a different color are products I use for my cooking/baking and recommend. Some are affiliate links and I do earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you the buyer. Thank you for supporting CoKoCooks