Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Updated: Jan 28
A few months ago my Dad changed to a plant based diet and I have been on a quest to develop recipes he can enjoy. This pasta is insanely easy, delicious, healthy and SO versatile! The creamy dressing pairs well with almost anything! You can add any variety of veggies to cater it to your needs-- a hearty dinner for the kiddos or lunch for work! I used a chickpea based pasta for extra protein but any pasta will work just as well.
The best part about this dish is it requires just two main ingredients and then the rest is really up to what you're feeling that day. The creamy dressing is pre-made and contains clean and nutrient dense ingredients. I find that adding fresh herbs really adds more flavor and freshness to give it that extra pop of flavor. This recipe has definitely been one of my favorite lunch or dinners recently, especially when I am on the go. It is it comforting, hearty and requires little time to prep.
Try it out and be sure to tag me in your social media post!
-1 container of the honest stand garlic parmesan dip (https://www.thehoneststand.com/shop/garlicparm)
-1 box of any kind of Banza pasta
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme or about half a bunch
- 1/2 bunch of parsley finely chopped
salt and pepper to desired taste
Butternut squash, mushrooms, zucchini squash, roasted cauliflower, sautéed spinach, arugula or any other vegetable that you enjoy.
Any kind of protein or meat can also be added such as chicken, sausage, ground meat, etc..
A little extra parmesan for topping
1) Prepare any veggies you want to mix in the dish and begin roasting in a 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through and starting to brown on the outside.
2) Follow the cooking instructions for Banza pasta but always undercook it for a minute or two so the pasta does not fall apart when mixing. I recommend an average of 7 minutes when cooking chickpea pasta. Make sure to rinse the pasta with cold water after draining to stop the cooking. Make sure to keep a few ladles of pasta water!
2) Add one container of the garlic parmesan dip in a large bowl and mix with a ladle of pasta water. Thin till it becomes a thick smooth sauce.
3) Toss any of the desired roasted or raw veggies and meat (if you choose) in with the sauce first and then fold in pasta and fresh herbs. Top with any extra fresh herbs or parmesan when serving.
I find the garlic parmesan dip at super target but a store locator is also on the honest stand website.