Fall Salad with Roasted Vegetables
Updated: Jan 28
I am not kidding when I say this is the best salad I have ever made. The combination of all the seasonal vegetables along with that roasted flavor is heavenly. It has a slight sweetness from the squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Those vegetables pair so well the the burst of flavor from the tomatoes, the added texture of the roasted cauliflower, the crunch of the pistachios, and the added freshness from the parsley. This salad can be served with a variety of dressings depending on what your in the mood for or preference. You could do a balsamic vinaigrette for some extra tang or even a honey mustard with some additional sweetness. A simple olive oil and lemon juice dressing would be perfect with the wide assortment of veggies. Ranch would be great if you wanted to add creaminess. I decided to top mine with an avocado dressing. I eyeballed the ingredients adding avocado, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, lime juice, and oat milk to thin it out. You can adjust this salad ingredients to your liking--that's the best part. Level it up with feta or parmesan for some saltiness, avocado if you are not using the avocado dressing, edamame or chickpeas to add some texture and bulk it up, or some chicken/beef if you wanted to make it a main meal with some additional protein. You can make it what you want, but the base will not disappoint you. It does take time to roast those veggies but I promise you it is worth it.
Not only does this dish taste amazing, but it looks beautiful. It would be the ideal salad to bring to a gathering and impress your friends and family. This fresh meal or side dish will be on repeat all fall and winter long and I hope it provides you a delicious healthy lunch or dinner as well!
- 1 large carrot peeled in large strips and roasted
- 2 small Japenese sweet potato roasted
- 2 delicata squash sliced and roasted
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 pint cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 large head roasted cauliflower
- 1 8oz bag of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Chop and roast delicata squash, sweet potato, peeled carrot, and cauliflower in a 400 degree oven for 25-45 min depending on the vegetable. I use parchment paper on my roasting pan but if not be sure to spray the pan with oil. Keep an eye on the veggies and flip them after about 20 minutes. The carrots will cook very quickly due to the thinness (about 10-15 min). They are done when they start the brown
2) Finely chop parsley and mix with the spinach in a large salad bowl.
3) Half or quarter the cherry tomatoes and add the salad bowl
4) After the roasted veggies have cooled add them to the salad
5) Top with pistachios and salt and pepper
6) Serve with your favorite dressing
Optional: Avocado, parmesan, feta, chicken, chickpeas or edamame
Follow me on @cokocooks and feel free to DM with questions or just tell me what you think