Creamy White Chicken Chilli
Updated: Jan 28
Thick, creamy, flavorful, comforting, cheesy, and satisfying. Is there anything else you would want to describe a perfect bowl of chilli!? This white chicken chilli recipes fulfills all of those things and then some. It is a hearty meal that is filled with a variety of fresh ingredients to make a bowl full of creamy heaven. No matter what you choose to eat your bowl with, chips, crackers, corn chips, tortillas, cornbread, or any other favorite toppings, it will have your tastebuds asking for more. It is incredible on its own, but is also so satisfying with additional texture. Who doesn't like topping on there chilli!?
This white chicken chilli just happens to be dairy free and gluten free. No heavy cream or cheese in this recipe, but that does not mean it is any less delicious. The recipe also has an option of being vegan if you choose to add another can of beans instead of chicken. It is so thick and creamy with an added subtle spice from the green chillis and roasted poblano. The roasted corn adds a hint of sweetness to balance out the spice. The chilli is filled with delicious herbs and spices to brings it all together. This recipe would be a hit for friends and family while watching your favorite sports team. It is a meal kids will not only love, but will provide them with a nutrient rich dinner.
This is definitely a recipe I make a double batch of because the leftovers never last long and it is a great meal prep recipe to have throughout the week. It is also freezer friendly for an easy meal to pull out when you don't feel like cooking or your craving a cozy bowl of chilli. This recipe is also even better the day after. It thickens after sitting in the fridge so it gets even creamier. After you make this chilli once, trust me when I say it will be on repeat because it is that good. So the next chilly night save this recipe to make for a hearty comforting meal that will please you and your loved ones!
-2-3 cans white kidney beans
- 2 large chicken breast shredded or a small rotisserie chicken or omit if making vegan
-1/2 cup of Nutritional yeast
- 5 corn tortillas
- 1 poblano peppers roasted, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup mild green salsa
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 2 heaping tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 4oz can green chillis (mild)
- 2 large cloves of garlic or a heaping tbsp
- 1/2 large red onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth
1) Preheat the oven to 400 and roast the poblano and frozen corn until poblano starts to blacken and corn starts to become golden brown (about 25-30 minutes)
2) Dice and sauté onion on medium high heat for 5 minutes until they start to become translucent then add in chopped garlic. Sauté for about 2 additional minutes until garlic is fragrant
3) Add in cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, oregano and green chillis and stir spices in. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
4) Add in veggie broth and turn heat to medium low
5) In the food processor blend corn tortillas, nutritional yeast, green salsa, and one can of beans drained.
6) Add mixture into the broth and stir until mixture is smooth
7) Turn heat up to medium and add in chopped roasted poblano peppers and corn. I like a lot of corn but you can add as much as you would like
8) Add in beans and chicken and let chili simmer for 10 minutes to thicken stirring occasionally
9) Add in lime juice and cilantro and chilli is ready to serve!
10) Serve with sour cream, avocado, cornbread, chips, shredded cheese
Serves 4-6 bowls and keep in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Follow me on @cokocooks and feel free to DM with questions or just tell me what you think