Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
Updated: Jan 28
Who doesn't love a good fall recipe?! This one screams fall and I'm ready to hear your thoughts! The sweet cooked apples mixed with the maple syrup and fall spices make this the perfect comfort food to start off a cozy fall morning. The best part about this recipe is how simple and easy it is to make. It is a one bowl recipe, making it an easy breakfast or snack to grab when you are on the go.
This breakfast is so versatile and can be served in several different ways. Hot, cold, plain, or topped with a few goodies...there are so many ways to serve these bars! One of my personal faves is to warm it with almond milk. Then serve with a dollop of yogurt, dash of cinnamon and your favorite nuts to finish. Another option is to to add a drizzle of peanut or nut butter. The sky is the limit!
These breakfast bars are not only amazing because they are easy to prep, but they are full of nutritious ingredients to keep you full and satisfied. Not to mention all of the fall flavors that are in every bite. How could you not want to start your morning that way? So grab your cup of coffee and let's get to bakin'!
-3 cups rolled oats
- 2 scoops PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein (have not tried other protein powder but other whey or casein powders should work)
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 small fuji apples diced and 1-2 apples sliced for topping
-1/2 cup maple syrup ( I use this maple syrup)
-1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 cup Lakanto sweetener, coconut sugar, or brown sugar
-1 Tbsp cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x11 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
2) Combine oats, milk, protein powder, almond milk, all spice, and maple syrup in a large bowl
3) Fold in diced apples
4) Poor batter in baking dish and top with sliced apples.
5) In a small bowl combine sweetner/sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the sliced apples
6) Bake for 25-35 min until the batter has set. Let cool completely and then cut into 8 slices.
Store in the fridge for 3-5 days or wrap and freeze squares for up to 3 months.
Reheat with 1-2 Tbsp of almond milk to add moistness
Be sure to let me know what you think and enjoy!